Admission Details and Policy
The following information will be required at the time of admission:
- 1 photocopy of the student's passport and sponsor's passport with a valid residence visa.
- 2 passport-size photographs of the student.
- 1 photocopy of the original mark sheet of the last examination passed at the previous school.
- 1 copy of the student's Birth Certificate, attested by the respective consulates and/or Embassies in the case of children born outside the UAE.
- Photocopy of the Student's Vaccination Card.
- Original Transfer Certificate in the case of local/other Emirate transfer. (Duly attested by the educational authority concerned in the case of transfer from another Emirate)
In the case of overseas transfer, the Transfer Certificate should also be duly attested by:
- District Education Officer of the concerned district
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country from which migrating
- UAE Embassy in the country from which migrating
- Consulate of the Concerned country in Abu Dhbai
Admission to the School is subject to presentation and completion of all the above-mentioned documentations.
GEMS Winchester School in Abu Dhabi seeks to make the most appropriate grade placement for each student based on his or her age, as well as academic, social and emotional development within policy guidelines. For this reason, new students may be required to complete an appropriate level assessment to determine placement and fit.
To meet the age requirements of the admission policy for GEMS Winchester School in Abu Dhabi, a student must have turned the age listed next to the grade level by August 31st of the Academic Year.
|Year||Age (years)||Year||Age (years)|
|FS 2||4||Year 5||9|
|Year 1||5||Year 6||10|
|Year 2||6||Year 7||11|
|Year 3||7||Year 8||12|
|Year 4||8||Year 9||13|
Screening & Assessments
Our school may choose to undertake screening and assessments to determine the right placement of an applicant. After a student has been registered and required paperwork submitted, students entering Years 1 to Year 9 may be asked to complete a placement test. Students entering Foundation Stage 2 will meet in groups with a member of the Educational team.
The screening and assessment of a student is set-up through the Admission office and decisions are determined by the admission committee. After this step, a student may be offered a seat, placed on the waitlist, or denied.
All new students must provide official documentation of previous school experience, report card, and test scores. All documents provided must be in English. The school may request certification of translation from the Consulate of the country in which the student last attended to meet admission requirements.
GEMS Winchester School - Abu Dhabi
Admissions Secretary: Maria Sairee
School Registrar, Fyresa Govender
Parents Relation Executive, Dalia Marmoush
GEMS Enrolment Centre
600 56 7771 or +971 2 403 5499 (outside UAE)