High Performance Learning
HPL AT WSA
At WSA is it our belief that all learners can be High Performers if the environment and support is conducive to the needs of the individuals. Our brains are malleable and IQ is not fixed, therefore when deliberately exposed to the opportunity to develop advanced ways of thinking and behaving, all learners can achieve a high level of success.
In addition to the ideal environment and support, a 'mind-shift' is also required for many. Hence, to help all our learners 'believe' that they 'are' High Performers, we have adopted a 'common educational practice' at WSA, utilising the High Performance Learning (HPL) Framework. This High Performance Learning practice is being embedded into your child's learning experience, using a common 'learning language' across all keys stages and subject areas.
High Performance Learning Practice Language
Supporting High Performance At Home
At WSA we feel that the home environment is also important in the quest for High Performance. Homes where there is conversation between adults and children, books to read and games to play, help with character development and this feeds into learning at school.
* Talk together, make time for meaningful discussion and debate.
* 'Why do you think that?' and let your child explain their reasoning behind thoughts .
* Read, encourage reading for pleasure, it doesn't matter if it is online , a book, a newspaper or a hobby magazine.
* Feed curiosity, high achievement and curiosity is linked.
* Build empathy.
* Encourage collaboration.
* Expectations, believe in your child and that they can do well.